Color ManagementLearn more in my Fine Art Digital Printing Workshops.
1. 6 Simple Steps to Good Color Management (9/08) | Free
Take these simple steps to get consistent high quality color.
2. Step 1 - Using ICC Profiles (06/11)| Free
Assign ICC profiles to make color consistent and predictable.
3. Step 2 - Profile Your Monitor (08/11) | Free
Calibrate your monitor with hardware.
4. Step 3 - Photoshop Color Settings (06/11) | Free
Set good Photoshop Color Settings in seconds.
5. Step 4 - Softproof (10/11) | Free
Preview how your print will look before printing it.
6. Step 5 - Navigate Your Printer Driver(01/11)| Free
Set good color management policies in your printer driver.
7. Step 6 - Control Your Environment (11/11) | Free
Use good quality light in neutral environments to evaluated your images.
8. Profile Your Printer (12/11) | Free
Better printer profiles help make better prints.
9. Editing Spaces Compared (06/11) | Free
From small to large, standard RGB editing spaces including sRGB, Adobe RGB (1998), and ProPhoto.
10. Choose A Wide Gamut Editing Space (06/11) | Free
Choose a wide gamut editing space to make the best prints possible.
11. 16-Bit (Adobe Photoshop Master Class) | Free
Thousands of shades of gray reduce posterization.
12. What to Do with Color Management Dialogs (06/11) | Free
Know what to do with the color management dialog boxes you encounter.
13. The Difference Between Converting Versus Assigning With Color Profiles (01/12) | Free
Understand the difference between assigning and converting to a profile.
14. Rendering Intents Compared (07/11) | Free
Perceptual, Relative Colorimetric, Absolute Colorimetric, Saturation.
15. Where to Put ICC Profiles (10/11) | Free
ICC profiles need to be filed in the correct location on your computer.
16. Test files (12/09) | Free
Find out more about what to test.
17. X-Rite's Color Checker Passport Camera Profiles (07/11) | Free
X-Rites’ Color Checker Passport can be used to quickly deliver more accurate color in a variety of ways.
18. Managing Camera Profiles (07/11) | Free
If you make camera profiles customized for your camera, sooner or later you’re going to want to rename or delete a few.
19. Chromix Colorthink (03/11) | Free
Colorthink graphs ICC profiles for visual comparison and contrast.
20. Solux Lighting (02/11) | Free
Choose full spectrum lighting with an appropriate brightness and temperature.
X-Rite Color Checker Passport Videos
1. Color Checker Passport - Photoshop (07/11) | Free
Joe Brady demonstrates making camera profiles with X-Rite's Color Checker Passport with Photoshop.
2. Color Checker Passport - Lightroom (07/11) | Free
Joe Brady demonstrates making camera profiles with X-Rite's Color Checker Passport with Lightroom.
3. Color Checker Passport - Seth Resnick (07/11) | Free
Seth Resnick discusses his use of X-Rite's Color Checker Passport.
X-Rite i1Photo Pro Videos
1. John Paul Caponigro – Exploring Beauty, Color, and Nature | Free
2. i1Profiler: About i1Profiler | Free
3. X-Rite i1Photo Pro Top 10 Features | Free
4. Evaluate Your Monitors’ Performance – X-Rite i1Photo Pro | Free
5. Profile Your Monitor – X-Rite i1Photo Pro | Free
6. Printer Profiling QA – X-Rite i1Photo Pro| Free
7. Printing Printer Profiling Targets – X-Rite i1Photo Pro | Free
8. Printer Profiling Data Analysis – X-Rite i1Photo Pro | Free
9. Advanced Printer Profiling Options – X-Rite i1Photo Pro | Free
10. i1Profiler: Advanced Printer Profiling | Free